This project won the “Fengarion Mireille Caloghiris Award” 2016.
In Guatemala, domestic violence is a serious problem particularly against children, teenagers and women. La Alianza is one of the two existing institutions in the country providing care to children victims of trafficking, exploitation and sexual violence. La Alianza provide protection and shelter with a methodology for comprehensive care and education is a key component of the rehabilitation programme. Education is a fundamental right and a tool to access to an independent life.
This project will support the 2017 educational processes of 30 children and teenagers victims of trafficking, exploitation, or sexual violence and protected by La Alianza Guatemala. 15 girls will have class in the Integral Class of La Alianza and 15 girls are going in private schools.
La Alianza established within the residence a small school because some girls are not able to leave the center for security reasons or because they are not ready psychologically. Four teachers teach courses recognized by the Directorate General of Extra-school Education (under the Ministry of Education). Thus, degrees obtained in La Alianza are recognized by the Ministry of Education of Guatemala.
By funding this project, you allow 30 young girls and teenagers to change their future. Thank you for your valuable support.
The budget presents the cost for the tuition of 30 girls and adolescents for the school year 2017 (January to December). Half of them have class within the residence for security reasons, the other half go to private institutes outside the residence.
(budget in USD)
- $ 2’000 - Registration and tuition for girls studying in private schools
- $ 7’000 - Annual school fees for girls studying in private schools
- $ 5’000 - School supplies for girls studying in private schools
- $ 2’000 - School uniforms for girls studying in schools (includes shoes, skirt and/or pants, sweaters, shorts and shirts)
- $ 7’237 - Professor, class coordinator (communication, literacy, accounting)
- $ 7’237 - Professor, (social sciences, natural sciences, plastic arts, artistic expression, English and general knowledge)
- $ 6’788 - Professor (mathematics, physical education)
- $ 4’342 - Professor (music education)
- $ 2’000 - School supplies for girls studying in the Integral Class
- $ 1’500 - School uniforms for girls studying in the Integral Class
- $ 600 - Training Material, Stationery, supplies for the 4 teachers of the Integral Class.
$ 45’704 TOTAL OF THE BUDGET FOR THE PROJECT
$ 30’000 Fund already secured
$ 15’704 Fund to be search
|Organization||Casa Alianza Suisse|
|Period||January 15 - October 15, 2017|
|More||Profile on Fengarion|